- Performer: Alva Noto
- Title: For 1 + 2
- Genre: Electronic
- Cat #: PDIP-6508
- Label: p*dis
- Country: Japan
- Date of release: 22 Apr 2010
- Style: Glitch, Minimal, Modern Classical, Ambient, Experimental
- FLAC size 1485 mb
- MP3 size: 1701 mb
- Record From CD, Album, Reissue CD, Album, Reissue All Media, Compilation
|2|| For 1 |
|5|| For 2 |
Arranged By – Max Knoth
- Layout [Layout Of Liner Notes] – Ryo Sugi
- Liner Notes [解説] – 畠中実
- Mastered By – T. Deupree
- Sounds [All Sound By], Design, Photography By [Images] – Carsten Nicolai
CD1 Track 01: for Elfriede Jelinek, 2005
CD1 Track 02: for Suchan Kinoshita, 2005
CD1 Track 03: for TVpow (contains samples of TVpow), 2004
CD1 Track 04: for Peter Roehr (contains samples of Peter Roehr), 2004
CD1 Track 05: for Ernie and Bert, 2005
CD1 Track 06: for Katsushika Hokusai, 2000
CD1 Track 07: for Jhonn Balance, 2004
CD1 Track 08: for Jeff Wall (contains samples of Jeff Wall), 2000
CD1 Track 09: for John Cage (contains samples of Ulrich Krieger/Burkhard Schlothauer/Reihnhold Friedel), 1999
CD2 Track 01: for a garment, 2007
CD2 Track 02: for Marta Feuchtwanger (field recording with piano decay recorded at Villa Aurora / Pacific Palisades), 2003
CD2 Track 03: for Chain Music (for Ryuichi Sakamoto's Chain Music), 2003
CD2 Track 04: for Heiner Müller (commissioned by BCN 216), 2007
CD2 Track 05: for Andrei Tarkovsky, 2008
CD2 Track 06: for Camera Lucida (recorded for Evelina Domnitch and Dmity Gelfand’s Camera Lucida project involving the phenomena of sonoluminescence DVD LINE_030), 2007
CD2 Track 07: for Dieter Rams (composed for the prize ceremony of the German Design Award for Dieter Rams), 2007
CD2 Track 08: for Dieter Rams (composed for the prize ceremony of the German Design Award for Dieter Rams), 2007
CD2 Track 09: for Phill Niblock (contains a sample of Phill Niblock - thanks Phill), 2006
CD2 Track 10: for The Kingdom Of Elgaland-Vargaland (national anthem for the Kingdom of Elgaland-Vargaland - premiered at Haus der Kulturen der Welt, Berlin on October 21, 2006), 2006
CD2 Track 11: for Evgeny Murzin (drawing recorded live with the ANS Synthesizer at Theremin Center, Moscow State Conservatory), 2007
CD2 Track 12: for Heiner Müller (arrangement by Max Knoth), 2007
All sounds [...] published by Edition Carsten Nicolai (Rolf Budde Musikverlag).
Images: milch 110 Hz + milch 100 Hz. 2000 / courtesy Galerie EIGEN + ART Leipzig/Berlin and PaceWildenstein
Layout of liner notes [...] (scenery of design)
Thanks to: Eva Meyer, Eran Schaerf, Elfriede Jelinek, Suchan Kinoshita, Robert Meijer, TV Pow, Peter Roehr, Markus Weisbeck, Jim Henson, Jhonn Balance and Peter Cristopherson, Katsushika Hokusai, Jeff Wall, Lu Nelson, Maguerite Joly, John Cage, Ulrich Krieger, Burkhard Schlothauer and Rienhold Friedl.
Printed in Taiwan
Pressed in Taiwan
Under exclusive license from LINE
Manufactured and distributed by pdis / Inpartmaint Inc.
©2006 / 2010 LINE
℗2010 pdis / Inpartmaint Inc.
Made in Japan
Released in heavy card gatefold sleeve with fold-out insert (liner notes in Japanese and credits / track annotations in English).
Sticker with Japanese text and barcode adhered to the shrinkwrap.
- Barcode (Text, stickered): 4 532813 535081
- Barcode (Scanned): 4532813535081
- Mastering SID Code (CD1, CD2): IFPI LB75
- Mould SID Code (CD1, CD2, mirrored): IFPI 2N24
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): PDIP-6508for1 Made in Taiwan IFPI LB75 100407081N
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): PDIP-6508for2 Made in Taiwan IFPI LB75 100407091N
- Rights Society: JASRAC
- Licensed From – Line
- Distributed By – pdis
- Distributed By – Inpartmaint Inc.
- Manufactured By – pdis
- Manufactured By – Inpartmaint Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – pdis
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Inpartmaint Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Line
- Published By – Edition Carsten Nicolai
- Published By – Rolf Budde Musikverlag